Re: [Jastadd] RagDoll bug report

From: Jesper Öqvist <jesper.oqvist_at_cs.lth.se>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:57:48 +0100

Hi Jesper,

This is a known bug which there is currently no simple fix for. JastAdd2
uses JJTree to build the parse trees for attribute weaving etc. This
tree is not as simple to work with a JastAdd AST, so unparsing comments
and inserting the correct documentation tags is a hassle. For reasons I
can not fully recall at the moment I couldn't safely modify the comments
of methods declared in aspects since JJTree node for the comments are
used in JastAdd2 for other purposes as well.

Ideally, in some distant future, we can move on to use JastAdd3 which
parses the rag files into a more familiar AST. This would make the
generation of RagDoll documentation comments simpler.

/Jesper