Re: [Jastadd] Multiple declaration of attribute compilationUnit in class ASTNode

From: Eric Bodden <eric.bodden_at_ec-spride.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 20:10:41 +0100

Hi Jesper.

Thanks a lot, that helped me find the culprit! It was caused by a
change in the Refactoring project...

  [jastadd] /private/tmp/abc-build/JastAddJ/Java7Frontend/Literals.jrag:451
Multiple declaration of attribute ASTNode.compilationUnit, previously
declared in /private/tmp/abc-build/Refactoring/util/AST.jrag:36

r41 | xiemaisi_at_gmail.com | 2013-02-04 07:08:09 +0100 (Mon, 04 Feb 2013) | 1 line
Fixed JastAddJ compatibility problem.

I will contact Max Schäfer to ask him what this change is about. From
what I can see it's rather causing a compatibility problem than fixing
one.

Cheers,
Eric

On 6 February 2013 17:49, Jesper Öqvist <jesper.oqvist_at_cs.lth.se> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> If you are using an official JastAdd release it is highly unlikely that this
> is caused by a problem with the JastAdd2 version you are using, since the
> last release was a couple months ago and you should have seen the same error
> before now if nothing has really changed in your code.
>
> The error reporting by JastAdd2 can obviously be improved here, so I have
> jury rigged a JastAdd2 jar that prints improved error messages for
> specifically multiple declarations of inherited attributes. Try to compile
> with this JastAdd2 version and hopefully we can shed some light on this
> mystery!
>
> Dropbox link for JA2 test build:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/qemydrnaejaeeh9/jastadd2.jar
>
> /Jesper
>

> On 02/06/2013 04:53 PM, Eric Bodden wrote:
>>
>> Hi again.
>>
>> Ok, I can definitely confirm that the problem also occurs on my machine.
>>
>> It is really strange. The attribute JastAdd complains about is
>> definitely defined just once in the file
>> (/JastAddJ/Java7Frontend/Literals.jrag) and I also cannot find any
>> other .jrag file that would show a conflicting declaration. Also, when
>> I simply remove the declaration "inh CompilationUnit
>> ASTNode.compilationUnit();" the error disappears, which seems to
>> indicate that there is another declaration somewhere!?
>>
>> To me this really looks like an odd bug in JastAdd itself but I also
>> don't understand why this is happening now but wasn't happening four
>> days ago. As far as I can see, nothing changed.
>>
>> Eric
>>
>> On 6 February 2013 13:06, Eric Bodden <eric.bodden_at_ec-spride.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmm, ok that's funny...
>>>
>>> I just found out that we already *are* using the stable version. This
>>> seems to be our current configuration...
>>>
>>> abc
>>> https://svn.sable.mcgill.ca/abc/trunk/aop/abc
>>> abc-ja
>>> https://svn.sable.mcgill.ca/abc/trunk/aop/abc-ja