Re: [Jastadd] java 8 support

From: Jon Rafkind <rafkind_at_cs.utah.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 12:33:51 -0800

Ok that is good to hear. I maintain a custom java compiler for work and am adding java8 support to it, but its a long and difficult process. I would rather use an open source project, that I could potentially contribute to.

Our custom compiler targets a C-like language rather than byte-code, which is why we don't use javac. JastaddJ looks like a good system for generating C. Has anyone tried it yet?